I went to a sale the other day, vegetable starts were 50% off. Great time to buy some veggies to put in the garden. I just want one zucchini plant, just one.... What the nursery had were those crazy looking round ones. No idea what to do with the round ones. Do they taste the same? Do they shred nicely?
The search is on....other nurseries are out of zucchini plants. Really? you ask.
Traveling tomorrow out of town to continue the search. I really love to eat this recipe. I received it through an email from the famous lady (Gwyneth Paltrow) who experimented with a recipe and finally came up with this.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the flour and a pinch of salt. In a very large skillet, heat half of the oil until shimmering. Add half of the zucchini and fry over high heat, turning once or twice, until browned and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the zucchini to a paper towel–lined wire rack and season with salt. Repeat with the remaining oil and zucchini.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pot and toss with the 1 cup of cheese, the basil and a generous pinch of pepper. Add the reserved pasta water a little at a time, tossing well to coat. Transfer the pasta to a bowl and top with the crispy zucchini. Serve right away with lemon wedges and additional cheese.