Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Another holiday's coming--time to bake and reflect.....

With company coming in a few weeks and in between, my thoughts  have gone to these delectable cookies and the wonderful people who may enjoy them. These are soft pumpkin and chocolate chip cookies. One will do you. So even my low carb friends will enjoy one! I'm baking a few batches and will freeze some because of all the people who will be dropping by before Thanksgiving. We have extended family and we hope to see them throughout this holiday time. Their little ones loves these cookies, so I need a bunch! I look around me and think of the people I love. How can one not be grateful? Life brings us surprises, some good, some very bad. We survive and then realize, we survived. We're still here, ready to take on another day. Make up a batch or two, they are "love" cookies. You'll see....
 Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
1 c canned pumpkin pie mix (Note: this says MIX)
1 c sugar
1/2 c canola oil
1 egg
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chunks (dark chocolate works very well)
1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1 tsp. milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Drop cookies onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment