Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lori Holt does Halloween

You need to subscribe to Lori Holt's blog: Bee in my Bonnet 
She wrote the book Farm Girl Vintage which has a ton of adorable projects so cheery and darn cute. One of the blocks is a patchwork pumpkin. You have instructions to make either a 6" or 12" block. I made a wallhanging with four of these darlings. Still not certain about sashings and borders. I didn't say which Halloween I was making it for, did I? She then had to make this jack 'o lantern to up the cuteness factor. She will guide you through this process of making this block. It can be made into a rectangular--think placemat--keep it this small square and call it a mug rug, hot pad, etc. I'm encouraging you to get out your sewing machine, find a bunch of different orange fabrics and start sewing this fun project. 
Meanwhile, the grandkids want to carve pumpkins to look like those Minions. Mmmnnn....more on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment