Monday, August 28, 2017

Fall thoughts: Crockpot Pumpkin Puree

Are you tired of hot weather? I know I am. In the Northwest, we don't do hot summers. The last two years hot is what we've gotten, like in the 90ยบ. In order to cope, my mind drifts off to cool fall days and all the fall activities I love. Pumpkin pies and some moist pumpkin bread, oh my! I am always looking for quick or better ways of cooking, so stumbling across this idea was exciting to me. Using a crockpot to roast pumpkins sounded easy. Now once your pumpkins are ready, give this method a go. You won't be sorry.
Ingredients
  • 1 or 2 sugar pumpkins (3 to 5 pounds each)
  1. Wash the outside of the pumpkin with warm water and scrub off any dirt.
  2. Remove the stem and cut the pumpkin in half.
  3. Remove all the seeds and stringy parts inside the pumpkin (save the seeds if you roast them). Use a spoon to scrape the inside clean.
  4. Place the pumpkin halves skin side up in the Crock-Pot. Cut the pieces into smaller chunks if necessary.
  5. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until fork tender (the pumpkin should be really soft).
  6. Allow the pumpkin to cool enough to handle and then scrape the flesh from the skin with a spoon.
  7. Mash the insides with a fork to remove lumps or puree it in a food processor or blender for a very smooth texture (I put mine in the food processor for a few minutes before jarring it).
  8. Store pumpkin puree in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
  9. Use the fresh pumpkin in place of canned pumpkin in any recipe.
Notes
Organic ingredients are recommended. If you don't like how watery it is, you can always drain with cheesecloth.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearten man called Benjamin Breil Lee working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Benjamin Breil Lee helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Benjamin on what's app +1-989-394-3740 Or  also with his personal E-mail on 247officedept@gmail.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.

    ReplyDelete