Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Shepherd Pie Gone Chili

  Seeing this photo and reading the recipe, I had to make this. It's chilly here and it's time to really work up the slow cooker. It's is so filling and warms the soul.....

The beans are not available readily in my regular supermarket but I did find them. You can use a combination of red kidney, black, pinto and navy beans instead of these. The bag does have a spice mix, but feel free to use your own. It's designed to be use with leftovers but feel free to do your own thing. You can order a 3 pak from Hurst and enjoy free shipping if you can't find these beans in your market. I also ordered the Bacon and Bean which includes hubby's favorite, Great Northern Beans. Loads of flavor.

 Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie
Makes 8-10 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quart
Cooking time: 8-12 hours (depending on
your slow cooker)
6 cups water (if you soaked overnight) or
8 cups water (if you didn’t soak the beans)
2 tsp beef bouillon
3 Tbsp dehydrated onion or 1 onion minced
2 tsp garlic powder
1 lb leftover roast beef
2 tsp salt
2 cups leftover beef gravy
2 Tbsp tomato paste
Leftover mashed potatoes
Salt and pepper
1. Soak beans overnight if you remember.
If not, rinse them and add to the slow cooker. Add in 8 cups of water if you
didn’t soak the beans and 6 cups water if you did soak the beans. Add in half
of the Hurst’s seasoning packet. Reserve the rest for later. 
2. Add in  bouillon, onion, garlic
powder, roast beef and salt.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours,
or until beans are tender and roast is falling apart and easily shreddable. Shred the meat, it really shouldn’t be hard to do this step.
4. Add in remaining portion of seasoning
packet, 2 cups of leftover beef gravy, tomato paste and then stir. Taste and
add salt and pepper as needed.
5. Warm up leftover mashed potatoes and
scoop into individual servings bowls. Ladle beef and bean mixture over the
mashed potatoes and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Best Juicer Blender

    ReplyDelete