Sunday, March 26, 2017

Not Waiting for Summer

Visiting a friend, I was served a most delicious lunch. Along with a creamy pasta dish, this side dish was so good, I begged for the recipe. She muttered something about it being a "family secret recipe" and it didn't seem likely I could extract the recipe from her. A tremendous amount of compliments finally did the trick.
 Imagine fresh green beans happily plucked off your vines this summer and freshly obtained mushrooms from your favorite market then running into your kitchen being giddy with your hair flying and your children running away because they think you're mad. Sorry, got carried away...... :)
You will need two cups of fresh sliced mushrooms, two cups of green beans, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 teaspoons minced garlic. One teaspoon each of freshly ground sea salt and black pepper. Wash and slice the mushrooms and cut the beans into bite-size pieces and trimmed. Preheat oven to 400ยบ. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour this mixture over the beans and mushrooms stirring gently until the vegetables are completely coated. Place onto a baking sheet, single layer. Bake 20 - 25 minutes. Serve these warm.
I couldn't wait for my own fresh beans, especially since I live in the NW, and it's still raining, daytime temperature is still low 50's. To the market I went so I could make this. It helping me get through these grey days and lets me think about gardening.

Meanwhile, between sewing up some UFOs, I'm learning sashiko. Will gladly share some projects as I work my way with this new skill. And, because I have found so many projects to finish: some need a sewing machine, some need a quilting machine, and some need hand needles, a new carrying bag was made.
It's made from leftover linen, some osnaburg and an old towel. No pattern because sometimes I just play with cloth and sew.
Have a great week and keep creating.



No comments:

Post a Comment