Monday, July 7, 2014

Zucchini plants are thriving--you know what that means!

Yes, I put in more than one plant. I couldn't help myself. I keep finding awesome and wholesome recipes to use the abundant crop I'm anticipating. This recipe is from AllRecipes.com. I also credit them for the photo. It would be hard to claim it's mine when I haven't even bought some zucchini to make this dish!!! The markets are loaded with fresh zucchini, so I"m not going to wait for my crop, I'm buying some tomorrow. Whenever I see in a recipe the words: parmesan and mozzarella, I'm interested, very interested.
What I'm presenting is some zucchini patties. Yup, get out the fry pan, cast iron preferred. You'll need a couple of tablespoons of oil in the fry pan. Heat it up to medium-high. In a large bowl, please combine: 2 cups grated zucchini, 2 eggs, beaten, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup grated parmesan, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella. Oh, forgot the salt. Salt to taste. Stir until well blended and form 12 patties. Fry each side for a few minutes until golden brown. You can add some sour cream or plain Greek yogurt on top, and a few green onion for added flavor.
I don't know about you, but I'm not waiting until dinner. What a beautiful afternoon snack! We try to do a meatless meal once a week and this would easily qualify as a main dish.
 Doesn't this look so very delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment