Friday, September 12, 2014

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

I've searched high and low looking for my version of this very popular dressing. Modern cooks have added dill to the spices. I like to make it just like what's in the bottle only with fresh ingredients. I found the post on a wonderful blog and must give her credit. Here's her photo of the dressing.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe

    1 C. buttermilk
    1/3 C. sour cream
    1/3 C. mayonnaise
    2 large cloves garlic, minced
    2 Tbs. fresh chives, minced
    2 Tbs. fresh parsley, minced
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. cayenne powder

NOTE: fresh herbs provide the best flavor, but in a pinch, you can use dried herbs.  If using dried herbs, use 1/3 the of quantity listed for fresh.

Whisk together buttermilk, sour cream and mayonnaise until well combined.  Add garlic and fresh herbs.  Stir again to thoroughly combine.  Season with salt and cayenne powder.  Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before using.  This dressing is thick and creamy.  If you prefer a thinner dressing, use a little less mayonnaise.

So thanks to Urban Overalls I finally have my favorite dressing recipe and thought I would share it with you just in case you don't read her blog. Just keep it in a glass pint jar and figure you'll be making a lot of it. Fresh greens are so abundant now and I am planting more for the fall. Chow down ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment