Thursday, February 11, 2016

How Time Flies! It's Almost Valentine's Day!

Where did January go? I finally received all my sewing room stuff out of storage (had two huge floods in the room, needed a new floor and it took 3 months to do all this) and spent hours per day putting everything away, looking for a lot of things, and finally, we're all set, organized (well, I mean, how I organize) and back sewing and quilting!!! Big YEAH!
Now it's February and we're staring at the 14th! How can you quickly do something special for a sewing, needlework or quilting friend in your life? I found a darling graphic that can be easily done up in Redwork style stitching and would look amazing on any cloth project--jean pocket, quilt block, book cover. You get my drift.

And, don't forget something chocolate: cupcakes, big cake. I'm doing my special cream cheese frosting on top of chocolate cake. With a little red food coloring, I'll make it pink.
Cream Cheese frosting:
1 - 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cup powdered sugar  (most recipes call for 1 pound, that's way too sweet for me)
1-2 teaspoons vanilla  (I prefer just 1 teaspoon)

Cream both cheese and butter together until smooth with a hand mixer. Add powdered sugar a little at a time. Add vanilla.
Now you can tint the frosting with food coloring.

Have a special weekend with all your loved ones........

No comments:

Post a Comment