My grandsons love pumpkin pie and pumpkin desserts so I'm always on the search for anything pumpkin. I saw this beautiful looking cake from Taste of Home. I'm sharing because just reading the ingredients, it sounds like a good plan for feeding grandkids. They are coming to do their annual pumpkin carving party with their uncle tomorrow. It's something we do every year. The cake's called a Pumpkin Bundt Cake. So get your spices out, 1 can of pumpkin purée and make sure everything is organic.
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil
- until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and
- cloves; add to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well
- after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or
- until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10
- minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool
- completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
© Taste of Home 2014